Dec 08, 2021
The following procedures apply to students who are completing an Associate of Applied Science at CMC or another institution, who wish to pursue a BAS degree at CMC:
- Transfer Students: must have completed an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in a specific discipline from a regionally accredited institution with 60 credits minimum. An earned AAS degree which meets this criterion will be awarded as block transfer credits.
- Transfer Students: any additional course which meets the lower-division Program Qualification courses may also count, if accepted upon transfer. Any other course taken at upper-division, if earned through an accredited four-year program, may also count, if accepted upon transfer including BAS Upper-Division Requirements or other general education courses.
- All Students: must complete all Program Qualification courses listed below before no more than 15 credits of Upper-Division Requirements.
- All Students: to graduate, students must have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 (“C” average)
The Associate of Applied Science degree course requirements for lower-division courses will be awarded as block credit transfer credits (60 credits minimum). Please work with a CMC advisor on course selection to fulfill degree requirements in order to move seamlessly from the AAS into the BAS program.
The Bachelor of Applied Science degree is offered at all Colorado Mountain College locations. However, not all courses are offered in a live mode at all campuses. Please contact a campus counselor or academic advisor at the preferred campus for more information.
Learn more about the Bachelor of Applied Science Program
Students must complete the following courses if not already taken as part of their AAS degree. If taken as part of the AAS degree, they do not count toward the BAS. The BAS must include 60 additional credits. Students who have already completed these courses do not need to repeat them but can instead fulfill the requirement by taking advised elective courses meeting the following criteria:
- 100-499 courses noted as Guaranteed Transfer (◆) or General Education Transfer (✽)
- 100-499 courses from CTE (Career & Technical Education) programs
- No more than 2 credits can be from PED/DAN
- Students must meet with the appropriate CTE or Academic Advisor
- CTE or Academic Advisor approval is required for admission into the BAS program
Outdoor Recreation Management (ORM) Minor
Total Credits Earned
Associate of Applied Science Degree (60 credits)
Program Requirements/Electives (27 credits)
Upper-Division Requirements (33 credits)
Total Credits Earned (120 credits)
◆ State Guaranteed Transfer Course
✽ Applies to CMC AA/AS/AGS Degrees
Not all programs/courses are available at every campus and may require travel to another campus or access via technology-enabled learning (video-conferencing, hybrid, or online).