Jul 12, 2024  
2020-2021 Catalog 
2020-2021 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Getting Into CMC


This chapter contains practical information to make sure you get off to a solid start at CMC, including how to determine your residency status and the associated tuition costs, and how to apply for admission.

Lessons learned in the mountains can help you achieve your dreams. Don’t let a technicality get in your way. Don’t hamper your education by misunderstanding a policy. Read the policies first.

Regular Admission Requirements

You may be granted regular admission to Colorado Mountain College if you are a high school graduate, or have earned a General Educational Development Certificate (GED). If you are not a high school graduate, you may also be admitted if you are 17 years of age or older.

Colorado Mountain College is an open enrollment institution.   Certain programs may have limited enrollments due to staffing and facility constraints. Students are admitted based upon program admission criteria, and as staffing and facilities permit.

When you apply, providing your ACT or SAT scores is recommended, because they are used for advisement and placement. If you are seeking a degree and have not completed ACT or SAT exams prior to enrollment, you may be required to take a placement test.

Other measures, such as evaluation of your high school academic record, may be used for placement. Please contact the front desk staff at the campus you plan on attending for further information.

Immunization Requirement

Colorado Mountain College must comply with state immunization law. This law requires certain full-time students to provide documentation concerning their immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. The Registrar’s Office will notify you if this documentation is required. Questions may be addressed to the Student Services Office at your site/campus.

Selective Service Registration

Colorado law requires all males between the ages of 18-25 to certify their registration with the Selective Service. If a student is required to be registered and has not, state law prohibits the College from allowing him to enroll.

Process for Underage Admissions

These guidelines DO NOT apply to the dual enrollment classes that are taught at the high school or classes taken at a CMC campus, but paid for by your high school as part of the dual enrollment program. For information on dual enrollment, please visit the following pages: Registering for Classes  in this catalog, and the Dual Enrollment page on the CMC website.

Students wishing to secure a waiver of the minimum age for admissions must meet the following criteria:

  1. Students must demonstrate readiness for college level work by meeting placement scores for college level English, reading, and math, if required for the course(s).  The student should bring all placement test scores, such as SAT or ACT, to their meeting with the College Counselor/Advisor. If the student does not have placement test scores, they will need to schedule an appointment to take the Accuplacer prior to their meeting.
  2. Students and their parent or guardian are required to meet with a College Counselor/Advisor or designated staff member to determine eligibility for admission, appropriateness of course selection, review college expectations, and complete the waiver form. The College Counselor/Advisor will consult with the course instructor and provide a recommendation on enrollment.  Final approval rests with the Dean of Student Affairs or the Assistant Dean of Instruction.
  3. If admission is approved, a responsible parent or guardian must sign the Underage Admission waiver form indicating that both the student and the parent have been advised regarding the expectations of the college.  Students will also be required to sign a Release of Information form.
  4. If admission is approved, the site registration staff will remove the registration hold to allow the student to enroll. The student will be notified by email regarding approval status.

Academic Placement Testing and Placement Test Requirements

Colorado Mountain College will work with you to determine which classes best suit your academic abilities. If you are transferring credit to CMC or have previous placement scores, check with the Central Admissions Office or your campus admissions staff to determine whether you need to provide additional information. For student within five years of their high school graduation, CMC can use your final high school transcript to attempt to determine placement.  If insufficient information is available, CMC will use the Accuplacer test by College Board to determine placement. In some cases, other placement measures may be used, such as evaluation of your work history or prior learning experiences.

If an Accuplacer test is needed, students are encouraged to prepare before taking placement tests by utilizing a study guide, practice tests, or the free study app available at College Board.org. Students needing accommodations for testing must first contact the Disabilities Services Coordinator at their site to request accommodations for the Accuplacer Placement test.

If you do not meet the minimum competency standards established by the College, you may be required to complete prerequisite courses or take support courses concurrently with college-level courses. These will help you to develop the skills you need to succeed in college-level courses.

For complete information including how to register for the Accuplacer, test prep resources, required scores, and exemptions from placement testing, go to Placement Testing.  

Application Process

Applying for admission to Colorado Mountain College is easy, and there is no application fee. Students who wish to take credit classes may be required to demonstrate proficiency in college level reading, English, and mathematics prior to enrolling in college level courses. Below is an overview of the Admission process. For additional detailed information, please visit the CMC admissions page.

New Student: “I have never attended college before.”

  1. To apply, complete and submit the Admission Application.
  2. If you have graduated from high school in the past five years, submit a high school transcript to Registrar’s Office, 802 Grand Ave., Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 or by email to registrar@coloradomtn.edu.
  3. Students who have taken Advanced Placement, CLEP, DSST and International Baccalaureate tests may be awarded credit that may count toward graduation. Submit your official test scores to the Office of the Registrar for evaluation.
  4. Submit your ACT or SAT scores if taken within the last five years. These tests are not required for admission; however, certain scores may exempt you from placement testing, and may be required for some academic programs.
  5. Take the Accuplacer Placement Test (if necessary) available at any CMC campus.
  6. Colorado law requires all college freshmen born since January 1, 1957, to have had two immunizations each against measles, mumps, and rubella. You must provide proof of these immunizations before you will be allowed to register for classes. This law affects all residential campuses and associated commuter sites.
  7. Schedule an advising appointment with a CMC Academic Advisor or College Counselor at the campus you plan on attending.
  8. Arrange financing to pay for your college expenses. Financial Aid Specialists and Account Managers are available at most CMC campuses.

Transfer Student: “I am transferring from a college or university to CMC.”

  1. To apply, complete and submit the Admission Application.
  2. Have your transcripts from your previous college(s) sent to CMC’s Registrar’s Office. For more information about the transcript evaluation process visit the Transferring Credits into Colorado Mountain College section of this catalog.   
    The institution should send your official transcript directly to registrar@coloradomtn.edu or by mail to Registrar’s Office, Colorado Mountain College, 802 Grand Ave., Glenwood Springs, CO 81601. A transcript delivered to you instead of to the College is not considered official.
  3. Take Accuplacer Placement Test (if necessary) available at any CMC campus.
  4. Schedule an advising appointment with a CMC Academic Advisor or College Counselor at the campus you plan to attend. 
  5. Colorado law requires all college freshmen born since January 1, 1957, to have had two immunizations each against measles, mumps, and rubella. You must provide proof of these immunizations before you will be allowed to register for classes. This law affects all residential campuses and associated commuter sites. Bring proof of immunization to your campus.
  6. Arrange financing to pay for your college expenses. Financial Aid Specialists and Account Managers are available at most CMC campuses. 

Returning CMC Student: “I have not taken classes at CMC in over one year.”

If you have been away for a year (3 or more semesters), you will need to be re-admitted to Colorado Mountain College, as required by State Law.

  1. Reapply Online - it’s free!
  2. Once you have been re-admitted, you can Register for Classes online through Basecamp using your original user name and password. If you can’t remember your Basecamp user name and/or password, please contact the Service Desk.
  3. Schedule an advising appointment with a CMC Academic Advisor or College Counselor.
  4. Arrange financing to pay for your college expenses. Financial Aid Specialists and Account Managers are available at most CMC campuses.

High School Dual Credit/Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEPA)

Schedule an advising appointment with your high school counselor or with a CMC counselor/advisor at the campus you plan to attend. For information on dual enrollment, please visit the following pages: Registering for Classes    in this catalog, and the Concurrent Enrollment page on the CMC website.

International Student Admission (F1 or M1 Student Visa)

Colorado Mountain College (CMC) is a member of the Colorado State Consortium to promote international education, “Study Colorado.” CMC is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to admit non-immigrant students to the CMC campuses in Spring Valley at Glenwood Springs, Leadville, Steamboat Springs, and Vail Valley. International students must submit an International Student Admission Application and all supporting documentation prior to the application deadline.

  1. Complete and submit the International Student Admission Application and supporting documents. Deadlines are May 1 for fall semester and October 1 for spring semester.

  2. Submit official college/university transcripts (if applicable). International transcripts must be certified and translated into English. Please request the “Catalog Match” translation. Visit the Educational Perspectives website for information. Student is responsible for all fees associated with translation services.  

  3. If your native language is other than English, you must provide evidence of your English language proficiency through one of the following methods:

  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - 61 or higher on the iBT, or 500 or higher on the written test (If the written test is taken on or after October, 2017, please contact Admissions.)

  • Michigan Test of English Language Proficiency - 80 or higher

  • the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) test - minimum score of 6.5, with no band below a 6

  • or advanced level completion documents from one of several language schools in the USA.

    Since Colorado Mountain College does not offer an intensive course/program in English as a Second Language for F1 students, all students must have proof of English proficiency prior to acceptance to be issued an I-20.

  1. Financial certification verifying the financial resources to pay for one full year of living and studying in the United States. International students must also provide proof of adequate private insurance of their own.

  2. I-20 Form: The CMC designated school official will send you this form after we receive items 1 through 4 above, if you meet admission requirements. The I-20 Form is required to obtain a visa or to transfer from another school.

  3. Tuition and fees for international students: Out-of-state tuition and fee charges apply. Federal financial aid is not available for international students, but they may apply for a limited number of CMC scholarships, or arrange a payment plan.

  4. Housing for international students: We strongly recommend that international students live in on-campus housing. Housing information will be mailed with letters of acceptance or upon request.

Helpful online information for international students is available at Study in the USA: studyusa.com, educationUSA.state.govstudycolorado.org, or studyinthestates.dhs.gov.

Selective Admissions Programs

You might be admitted to the college, but not accepted to a particular program due to enrollment limits or academic requirements. In this event, a College Counselor or Academic Advisor will help you plan a schedule for overcoming scholastic deficiencies, or will suggest alternative courses or programs.

In programs where enrollment is limited due to academic requirements, meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program. Admission to these programs is based upon academic and personal qualifications considered necessary for successful practice in the occupation. For further details about programs with limited enrollments and specialized admission requirements, please contact the Central Admissions Office at joinus@coloradomtn.edu.

Sex Offender Reporting Policy

Federal law requires that sex offenders register if working at or attending an educational institution. This law instructs the educational institution to notify students of the method to access this information. Colorado Mountain College requires sex offenders to meet with the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs or designee prior to their enrollment. The names and Colorado Mountain College locations of registered sex offenders enrolled at CMC are listed on the CMC Student Services website each semester. For more information, please contact the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs office at (970) 947-8351. In addition, the Colorado Department of Public Safety maintains a website providing a Colorado Sex Offender Search for those registered in Colorado.

Information concerning persons who are required by Colorado law to register as sex offenders, including registered sex offenders who are enrolled, employed, or volunteering at Colorado Mountain College, may be obtained from your local Police Department, or the County Sheriff’s Department.

Residency Classification

Residency status determines tuition classification, which is governed by Colorado state law. Details can be found on the Colorado Department of Higher Education’s residency webpage.

To be domiciled in Colorado for tuition classification purposes, the student (or his/her parent/legal guardian as prescribed by the law) must have physical presence in the state and an intent to maintain that as a true, fixed permanent place of residence. You may be required to furnish the following documents to assist in the verification of residency: Colorado state income tax returns, current driver’s license, motor vehicle registration and voter’s registration; proof of physical presence such as rent receipts, canceled checks, or other acceptable evidence; and a petition for residency classification.

If you feel you have been incorrectly classified, you may request a tuition reclassification petition and a copy of the summary of the state statutes governing tuition classification from the Tuition Classification Officer at any Colorado Mountain College campus. This petition will be processed only if you have an application for admission on file, or are currently enrolled. The petition must be submitted no later than 10 working days after the start of the semester or after initial registration for the mid-semester starting classes.

Any student who willfully gives wrong or misleading information to avoid paying non-resident tuition is subject to legal and disciplinary action.

Colorado Resident

To be classified as a Colorado resident for tuition purposes, you must be domiciled in the state for a minimum of 12 months prior to the first day of the semester. If you attend Colorado Mountain College as an out-of-state student and establish domicile during your attendance, you may submit a Tuition Reclassification Petition for a subsequent semester.

If you are under the age of 23, your parent or legal guardian must be domiciled for a minimum of 12 months; or, you must prove emancipation from your parents if they are not domiciled residents of the state.

In-District Resident

The Colorado Mountain College district consists of Garfield, Eagle, Summit, Pitkin, and Lake counties, plus Routt School District RE2 and Salida School District R32-J.

To gain in-district status for tuition purposes, you must be a Colorado state resident, and be domiciled in the Colorado Mountain College district for a minimum period of 32 days prior to the first day of the semester. If you are under the age of 23, you must prove emancipation from your parents if they reside out of the district. If you attend CMC as an out-of-state student and gain in-state status while residing in the district, you may earn in-district status at the time of your in-state classification.

Additionally, a student who has been classified as an in-state Colorado resident for tuition purposes and who owns a residence (i.e., a second home) in the CMC district, or is a dependent of a person who owns a residence in the district, shall be classified as an in-district student for tuition purposes.

Service Area Rate

The Colorado Mountain College service area consists of Grand and Jackson counties, plus Buena Vista School District R31.

To gain service area status for tuition purposes, you must be a Colorado state resident, and be domiciled in the Colorado Mountain College service area for a minimum period of 32 days prior to the first day of the semester. If you are under the age of 23, you must prove emancipation from your parents or legal guardian if they reside out of the service or in-district area. If you attend CMC as an out-of-state student and gain in-state status while residing in the service area, you may earn service area status at the time of your in-state classification.

Out-of-State Resident

An out-of-state resident is a person domiciled in Colorado for less than twelve months. 

Tuition and Other Costs

A college education is one of the most important investments you will make. Colorado Mountain College is committed to providing access to everyone who can benefit from a program of higher education.

The cost of attending Colorado Mountain College varies depending on residency status, program of study, housing status, and other services needed. The following section covers general tuition and fee costs you may expect by attending Colorado Mountain College during the 2020-2021 academic year.

Textbooks and Course Materials

Textbooks, ebooks, or other learning materials* such as single-use access to online instructional websites are required for most credit courses.

Required textbooks and learning materials are provided at an affordable cost through CMC’s Learning Materials Program (LMP). The program automatically provides the materials for classes in which the student is registered at a flat-rate access fee per credit hour. Students receive all credit course materials and required textbooks at the start of each semester, usually before the first day of class, depending on the registration date. At the end of the term, students are required to return all materials to the LMP system by the last date of the semester, or choose to purchase them at a discounted “buy out” rate. Students access their customized Learning Materials online dashboard, order summary, return dates, and other information directly from Basecamp.

If you have questions, please contact CMC LMP Customer Service at (844) 523-9056 or cmclmp@coloradomtn.edu.

*Some specialty materials and lab kits are not included in the flat rate program.

Standard Tuition Rates for 2020-2021

The charts below list in-district, service area, in-state and out-of-state tuition rates for a single credit at both the associate level (100-200) and bachelor level (300-400). 2020-2021 tuition rates begin in the fall semester of 2020.

Associate and Bachelor courses (100-400 level)

Rate per credit
Total for 15 credits
per semester
In-district students
Service Area students
In-state students
Out-of-state students

See the Residency Classification section earlier in this chapter for information about in-district, service area and in-state classification.

Differential rates for BA in Education and BSN

For the Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the Bachelor of Arts in Education, there is an addition to the standard tuition rates shown above. 

Courses Additional Tuition
300- and 400-level courses for the Bachelor of Arts in Education Add $25.00 per credit hour.
300- and 400-level courses for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Add $40.00 per credit hour.

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) Tuition Rate

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) tuition program allows students from 14 western states to attend Colorado Mountain College by paying one and one-half the cost of in-state tuition instead of the full out-of-state tuition rate. Students who are residents from the states listed below are considered for the award; however, acceptance into WUE is not guaranteed, and WUE awards are limited. To be considered, students must submit a completed CMC admission application, all applicable transcripts and/or test scores, a copy of a valid WUE state driver’s license, and the CMC Supplemental WUE Participation form.

WUE Eligible States

Residents of the following states may be eligible for WUE tuition rates: Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and the Commonwealth of Northern Marianas Islands.

WUE is only available at Colorado Mountain College’s Spring Valley at Glenwood Springs, Steamboat Springs, and Leadville campuses. Excluded are the Veterinary Technology degrees, Nursing degrees, and all programs offered online. New freshman and students transferring fewer than 15 credits who are enrolling for the first time at CMC are eligible for WUE consideration.

Through acceptance of the special WUE tuition classification, students acknowledge their intent to maintain their legal domicile in their home state at the time of application. If students desire to change their legal domicile to any other state, including Colorado, they must notify the Registrar’s office. At that time a student may be changed to out-of-state tuition rates. Please note that time accrued while participating in the WUE tuition program cannot be used to establish domiciliary intent for purposes of claiming Colorado residency.

WUE Participation Criteria:

Submit the online CMC admissions application and supplemental WUE participation form by July 15 for fall semester, and December 1 for spring semester. For summer semester, contact Admissions.

  1. Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.

  2. Maintain enrollment with a minimum of 15 credits for each semester you attend (summer semester is a minimum of 6 credit hours).

  3. Maintain good academic standing with 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher.

  4. Remain a permanent resident of your home WUE state (maintaining your home state driver’s license will be required).

  5. Begining with the 2019-2020 academic year, eligibility for the WUE discount is available for 100 through 400 level courses.

  6. WUE rates are available to first time freshmen transferring fewer than 15 credits, excluding credit earned while in high school via dual or concurrent enrollment and/or AP and IB credits.

  7. Continuing WUE students do not need to re-submit the WUE participation form each semester, but they must register during early registration in order to keep their WUE status. Students who fail to register during early registration will forfeit their WUE discount and will be re-classified as Out-of-State students.  

For more information, please contact the Central Admissions Office at (970) 947-8327.

Veterans and Active-Duty Military Tuition Rate

Active-duty military, veterans, their spouses and dependents (dependents under the age of 23) may be eligible for a tuition discount. To be considered for this discount, see the criteria below. More information may be found on the Veterans and Active Duty Military page on the Colorado Mountain College website.

To apply for this discount you must provide the following;

  1. A complete CMC application for admissions indicating your military affiliation under the “Veteran Military Service” section of the Application.

  2. Provide a copy of a DD-214 showing any discharge status other than dishonorable.

  3. For students not using Military Tuition Assistance or VA Educational Benefits, a complete FAFSA* is required.

*Your FAFSA must be official and complete, including any follow-up requirements that may be requested after your initial FAFSA is processed in order for this discount to be awarded.

This discount is not available for online programs or a semester of all online courses.

This discount was approved by the Colorado Mountain College Board of Trustees to honor U.S. veterans, active-duty military and their families.

For more information contact military@coloradomtn.edu.

Olympic Athletes

If you are participating in a Colorado-based elite-level training program approved by the United States Olympic Committee and a National Governing Body of an Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American or Parapan American sport, you may be eligible to receive in-state tuition, regardless of your permanent residency.

To receive this classification:

For more information, please contact:

Megan Walther
Athlete Career Coach

Continuing Opportunity Tuition Rate

Financially independent adults who completed CMC’s ESL or GED program, and who have resided in the CMC district for 2+ years but do not qualify for the in-state tuition, may be eligible for in-state tuition rates for 100/200 Level courses. 

Native American Ute Nation Tuition Rate

Students who provide proof of membership with the Ute Indian Tribe of the Uintah & Ouray Reservation are eligible for the in-district rate for 100/200 Level courses.  

District Employer Sponsored Tuition Rate

The District Employer Sponsored Rate enables Colorado Mountain College to provide educational services for local tax-paying businesses who are paying for their employees’ credit courses without penalizing them for employees who do not meet state residency requirements. Under this classification, district employers will pay the in-state rate for employees who are out-of-state residents involved in job related training activities in 100 and 200 level courses. Online classes are excluded.

Second Home Owner Tuition Rates

Students who are classified as non-residents but own a residence in the Colorado Mountain College district are allowed to register for up to 3 credits per semester at a rate equivalent to in-state rate, or they may enroll in one 4 or 5 credit course at this rate. (Students cannot take a series of courses that add up to either 4 or 5 credits with this rate.) If an out-of-state resident student takes more than the allowed number of credits within one semester, all credits (including the original credits) will be charged at the regular out-of-state rate. The tuition reduction is limited to 100 and 200 level courses, and cannot be used for online courses exclusively.

Senior Grant Tuition Rate

Colorado Mountain College provides grants for 50 percent of the tuition charge for district residents who are 62 years old or older. This policy applies to credit courses only. Rate determination is based on the date of birth and age at the date of registration.

Miscellaneous Charges

Students may incur additional charges that are not listed on this page. Below are some examples of miscellaneous charges.

  • bad check or ACH ($25 per occurence)
  • enrollment in Payment Plan, if needed ($25 per semester)
  • library fines
  • charge for participation in commencement ceremony (Spring Valley only)
  • charges when an official CMC transcript is requested

Program and Course Specific Fees

Because of special requirements for laboratories and specialized equipment and materials, several programs carry supplemental fees in addition to other instructional costs. These are called program fees. Some programs also require you to purchase professional equipment. Check with your campus advisor to determine if program fees apply to your course of study, and please refer to the Course and Program Fees link on the Tuition and Costs page. Course Specific Fees are also listed in the course schedule.

Course Specific Fees and Instructional Program Fees are mandatory fees, approved by the Board of Trustees. 

When necessary, the college also makes consumable course materials available to its students through a course section charge. These consumables are officially called supplies, and tax charges apply.  Section charges may also include travel, access charges, certifications, and equipment rental, and are a cost beyond tuition.  The student is not obligated to purchase these things from the college, but the college reserves the right to exclude a student from a class if appropriate alternate arrangements have not been made prior to the beginning of the class.  A student supply list is available at registration desks for student inspection, and the charges are summarized in the applicable course descriptions in Student Planning.  

Technology Fees

To address the constantly changing technology environment and associated costs, the College charges a flat technology fee based on enrollment. The fee is as follows:

Approved Technology Fee for 2020-2021

Per Semester Flat Fee
Credit Hours

Credit Hours

Credit Hours
Credit Fee
Additional Residence Hall Fee

Cost Summary Table

This table offers a side-by-side comparison of most conceivable costs and fees associated with attending a community or residential campus.

Because many of our campuses are located in resort communities with high rent and food costs, the residence hall with food service, at $14,410 for eight months, is an affordable option for full-time students.

Product or Service* Community Campus Residential Campus
Two 15-credit semesters, in-district tuition $2,550 $2,550
Instructional Technology Fee ($50 for 12+ credits, two semesters) $100 $100
Food Service (19 meal per week plan for two semesters) N/A $4,750
Residence Hall (double occupancy, two semesters) N/A $5,680
Student Activity Fees (two semesters) N/A $260
Residence Hall Technology Fee (two semesters) N/A $200
Textbook Plan (subscription plan for two semesters at $29 per credit)** $870 $870
Grand Total $3,520 $14,410

*Some courses and programs have additional fees for supplies and materials. Please see the Tuition and Costs page for a link to Course and Program Fees. 

**In some cases, the texbook subscription fee is not applicable and specialized course and/or program fees apply.

Student Activity Fees

All Colorado Mountain College students who are enrolled at residential campuses are required to pay a Student Activity Fee each semester. Students who pay the fee may attend social, athletic, and cultural events on campus free of charge or with a minimal fee. In addition to these events, the fee also funds student organizations and clubs. All events are planned and supervised by Student Government and the campus Student Activities Coordinator.

Credit Hours Steamboat Springs Leadville Spring Valley
6 - 8.5 $10 per credit hour $85
9 - 11.5 $10 per credit hour $55 $130
12+ $10 per credit hour $90 $130

Spring Valley Fees for Field House

Spring Valley students enrolled in 6 credits or more are required to pay a $100 fee for the Field House each semester.

Payment Plan

Paying for the rising costs of a college education is a concern for most everyone. Colorado Mountain College offers a number of different options for obtaining financial assistance with these costs. Among them are a payment plan, grants, scholarships, loans and work study options.

Colorado Mountain College has partnered with Touchnet to offer our students a plan in which payments can be spread throughout the semester. This is not a loan program; there are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. The cost to enroll in your interest-free monthly payment plan is $25 per semester (non-refundable) and a down payment of 20% to 25% of charges at time of enrollment. To be eligible, students must have a minimum of $50 balance of tuition charges on their account. Payments are made either through ACH or through your credit card, and payments are due the 5th or 20th of each month in that term. Please visit the payment plan page for the payment schedule and additional details.

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

ADA Physical and Academic Requirements

Colorado Mountain College occupational certificates and degrees have certain physical and academic standards which you will be required to meet before you are admitted to specific programs. Students accepted into the college’s vocational programs must be physically, mentally, and emotionally self-supportive with reasonable accommodations.

If you are concerned about meeting the physical and academic standards, please contact the Disability Services Coordinator who will determine your ability to participate in the program. Contact information is found on the Disability Services page.

Students with disabilities have the right to access any program offered by the College as long as they meet all of the same eligibility requirements and prerequisites for enrollment. Students with disabilities are held to the same financial obligations, academic performance expectations, and consequences for both success and failure as all other students. More information is available on the Disability Services page.

ADA Statement for Concurrent Enrollment

As a public postsecondary institution, Colorado Mountain College adheres to the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA; Pub. L. 101-336, 104 Stat. 327, 42 U.S.C. 12101-12213 and 47 U.S.C. 225 and 611; see the ADA Title II Regulations page).  Students enrolled in concurrent enrollment courses at CMC are considered college-level students for purposes of compliance with federal law. This means that concurrent enrollment students in need of support or accommodation for physical or mental disabilities will be supported according to the requirements of ADA and not the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), regardless of the location at or modality through which students access CMC courses. According to federal law, qualifying disabilities include a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of such individual; a record of such an impairment; or being regarded as having such an impairment.  CMC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualifying disabilities sought by the individual (including guardians for minors).  Students seeking accommodations should see the information provided on CMC’s Notice of Non-Discrimination.

Living On Campus

Food Service Choices and Costs

When you live in college housing, you will automatically participate in the food service program. Other students may purchase food service through a meal program or a la carte. All three residential campuses offer different selections in their meal plan programs depending on your campus location. Prices are subject to change annually.

2020-2021 Food Service Costs per semester:

Meals + FP*
Steamboat Springs
19 (+ $100 FP)
Steamboat Springs 14 (+ $300 FP) $2,375
Spring Valley at Glenwood Springs
23 (+ $100 FP)
Spring Valley at Glenwood Springs
19 (+ $100 FP)
Spring Valley at Glenwood Springs
14 (+ $100 FP)
Leadville 19 (+ $100 FP) $2,375
14 (+ $300 FP)

* FP (Flex Points/Dollars available to spend in Café)

2020-2021 prices are subject to change.

Housing Choices and Costs

All of our residence halls are modern and comfortable, with high speed Internet access and private bathrooms. As long as you apply early, you will have an opportunity to choose or specify your ideal roommate and living situation, possibly even a single room. (Subject to availability.)

2020-2021 Housing Rates per semester for student housing at Steamboat Springs, Leadville and Spring Valley at Glenwood Springs campuses are:

Deposit    $300

2020-2021 prices are subject to change.

Housing Applications and Deposits

Living on campus is a great opportunity to be close to all the action and conveniences of college life. Steamboat Springs, Spring Valley at Glenwood Springs and Leadville campuses require all new students under age 21 to live on campus in the residence halls for their first academic year. Reserve your space by submitting a $300 security deposit and completing the online housing application here: Housing and Food Service Agreement. $50 of the security deposit is non-refundable. Housing is limited and can fill quickly. Applicants are encouraged to submit their CMC and housing applications along with the security deposit early.

More information about the Security Deposit Refund Policy and Live-On Policy is available on line or contact the Student Services staff at your campus.

Residence Hall Computer Access, Fees and Hardware Requirements

Students are encouraged to utilize the  wired connections for a faster and more reliable service. Wireless is available throughout the building. A $100 technology access fee is charged per semester to all residence hall students. The ResNet will support any device and operating system that complies with the following networking requirements.

Device Networking Requirements
Wireless: 802.11n or higher, WPA2-AES security
Wired: 10/100/1000base-T Ethernet
IPv4 with DHCP
IPv6 (optional)

Up-to-date anti-virus/anti-malware software

Not Permitted
Personal wireless access points or routers
Use of peer-to-peer file sharing such as BitTorrent

Personal mobile hotspots
Wireless printers
Gaming systems on wireless network
Home automation devices