The AAS degree courses fulfill many of the requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Science . Please consult with your advisor about requirements for this option.
Students must demonstrate college-level proficiency in composition, reading, and mathematics as prerequisites for courses within this program. Skills in these areas may affect the sequence of courses in which students can enroll and may also extend the time required to complete this program. For more details, please see the Academic Placement and Testing section.
In order to participate in the program, students must:
- Provide proof of physical health exam with the Health History form, showing documentation of immunizations including Hepatitis B, Varicella (chicken pox) or proof of having had the disease, MMR, and Tetanus
- Provide proof of current seasonal Influenza immunization within a year of Internship
- Provide proof of negative TB or QuantiFERON blood test within a year of Internship
- Provide proof of being fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer)
- Have a current CPR HealthCare Provider certification prior to Internship
- Provide proof of successful completion of a criminal background check prior to clinicals (form/instructions are included in clinic manual) and drug screen
- Provide a signed Technical Abilities form (instructor will provide), provide a CMC Worker’s Compensation form (instructor will provide), provide a signed CMC Liability Waiver (instructor will provide), successfully complete a 160 hour Internship and Capstone
- Students will abide by the Student Handbook provided by the Instructor
Graduates of the program will receive an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Medical Assistant.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Medical Assistant is offered at Colorado Mountain College in Vail Valley at Edwards. All labs are held at the Vail Valley at Edwards campus. Please note: some courses are only offered online. Please see your advisor for a recommended sequence of courses.
The following courses fulfill the program requirements for the Medical Assisting AAS degree; additionally, these courses comprise the Certificate of Occupational Proficiency in Medical Assisting .
Colorado Mountain College Medical Assisting Certificate Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of MAERB.
Learn more about the Medical Assistant Program